It’s been a long process but we’ve done it! We’ve changed our logo! If you are asking why, we’ve got 8 reasons we are addressing today. We are happy to finally showcase it and will slowly start to adopt it over time. In the meantime, do not get confused about seeing both of them around. We need a bit of time! 😉
1. We wanted people to have their say. And they did. We launched this competition in November 2016, which had over 40 entries, from clients, staff members and students. We heard what people had to say about Headway Worcestershire: “an organisation that is all encompassing, supportive, and caring to those with and their family members affected by ABI” or “Brain injury is moving forward which is exactly what we aim to do”. So the feedback was clear… Whatever we chose had to represent the impact we have. We had to show we help people move forward.
Headway Worcestershire: “an organisation that is all encompassing, supportive, and caring to those with and their family members affected by ABI”
2. We wanted to eliminate confusion. Often people are in a bit puzzled about where we stand as a charity until someone explains it! We are not a local branch of a national charity. We are a Headway Group. That means that we are an independent charity. We provide local support. We have our own set of accounts and our own policies. We are regulated by the local authorities. We employ our own people. We have our own social media pages. We have our own JustGiving page. We run our own events. Any donations we receive are used in Worcestershire only.
3. We wanted to be different. That’s not to say we do not like to be part of the Headway Groups… In fact we love it. We are still affiliated to Headway – The brain injury association. We continue to use their logo in our communications. We receive a number of services such as training, information and advice through our affiliation. We simply wanted to show people visually, that there is a difference between a Headway Group and Headway UK.
4. We wanted something that shows what we do. We must admit, we felt that the old “face in hands” didn’t quite do enough justice to our mission. We’re all about the brain, the lifestyle that comes with acquiring a brain injury, the difficulties faced and the support given to improve. We are here to enable people to move forward in their disability and improve their wellbeing.
5. We are moving forward. That is – in our services, management and mentality. Along with our new Chief Executive came a 3-year plan that will focus a lot more on developing current services to make them more accessible for younger people. It also aims to make our charity more efficient, improve our online presence and reach people earlier in the process of dealing with a brain injury. Changes are undergoing and transformation is slow, but we would hate it if we had to disrupt the care and support currently received by people just so we can do it quicker.
6. We feel that we do more than support. You told us that we change lives, that we help find a new meaning, that we help give a purpose. To us, what we do is more than just “support”. Headway Worcestershire works to improve life after brain injury. So our motto had to change to reflect that.
7. We want you to remember us. Amongst all the charity giants and causes of Worcestershire and UK, we stand very little chance of being recognised by people who were lucky enough to never receive our help. We feel our current choice is more suggestive of our mission and that makes it easier to be remembered as “the brain injury charity”.
8. We wanted something that is cost and time-effective. Believe us when we say that we used a lot of blue trying to print our old logo! Luckily this one can be modified as needed (in terms of colour and shape) and its versatility makes it easy to adapt for the web.
We hope you like our new logo, what it stands for and all the factors we considered in making this change. We need your support in our journey of improvement, thank you for being with us.
Here are a few of the ways in which you can continue supporting Headway Worcestershire:
- Read our latest newsletter and find our what we have been up to lately
- Register on Give as You Live to donate money (for free) as you shop at your favourite online stores
- Join the Survive the Wild team before the end of April!
- Do a “Hats for Headway” event in our aid
- If we helped you, share your story with us! Ring Julia or E-mail her.